Reporting to: GM Technical Services
Safinah Group provides consulting in the field of heavy duty coating. Our clients include some of the world’s biggest Chemical, Marine, Oil and Gas, Mega-yacht and insurance and legal companies globally.
The Marine team comprises a Consulting team and a Technical Services team each run by a General Manager, who in turn reports to the Head of Marine.
Due to recent significant growth, the Technical Services team requires a person capable of fulfilling a key role to support the GM Technical Services to ensure that our clients continue to receive the quality of service they have come to expect from us.
The majority of the work carried out by the Technical Services team includes:
– Standby dry-docking for coating works
– Pre dry-dock survey and planning for coating works
– Coating specification review
– Coating failure surveys/assessments in support of the Consulting team
– Supervision of coating activities on site
– Support to client as required
– Production of reports for clients.
The Technical Services team comprises approximately 20 Coating Superintendents working around the world, handling in excess of 150 dry-dockings per year.
- Ensure that the Technical Services team is supported with appropriate IT infrastructure;
- Continuous development of reporting tool to ensure it is best in class, based on feedback from field team;
- Development of visual tutorials to assist in training of staff for use of reporting tools, project procedures and deliverables;
- Development of new tools as and when required;
- Assist GM with project co-ordination;
- Assist GM to monitor progress of projects;
- Assist GM and Consulting team with any back up technical support;
- Assist GM with client meetings/contact/communications;
- Co-ordinate logistics of the field team;
- Quality check reports as required.
- Deputise for GM as required;
- Personal / professional development of self with management support;
- Contribute to the refinement of all sytems to ensure their correct use;
- Contribute to the website content;
- Comply with and contribute to the company Health and Safety procedures;
- Write and support the generation of appropriate papers and articles;
- Contribute insights into Special Projects as appropriate.
- Always meet agreed deadlines for contracts / business development plans / administrative work;
- Build and sustain client relations through use of CRM system as appropriate;
- Always use the company intranet, “ShipIt”, correctly and ensure the latest document templates are used in all reporting;
- Submit all expense claims promptly within 1 week of visit being completed;
- Submit accurate and complete invoice information to Admin within one month of work being carried out / completed;
- Complete and submit timesheets no later than Monday of the following week.
Education & Experience
- Graduate in Marine or Chemical related disciplines and/or a member of a recognised professional body and/or an alternative suitable qualification;
- Relevant professional experience and knowledge of the industry;
- Familiar with range of survey work that Technical Services team undertakes
- High level of IT skills;
- High level of competency in Microsoft Office applications.
Special Attributes and Characteristics:
- Self motivated;
- Can work independently or as part of a team;
- Good team player;
- Disciplined in administrative and technical tasks;
- International ambassador for Safinah;
- Sense of humour;
- Ability to communicate with all levels in organizations.
- Capable of global travel and working in typical marine, industrial and chemical environments;
- Can work from home / office / site.
The successful candidate would be based from our office in Gateshead in the UK.
Safinah offers a competitive package (depending on experience and capabilities) covering health and travel insurance, pension contributions and generous vacation allowance.
What you can expect from Safinah Group:
- An excellent working environment that has been awarded gold standard for health at work.
- A competitive salary plus pension contribution, private medical insurance, 5 weeks paid annual leave and discretionary time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Flexible working hours and work location.
- An informal/relaxed but professional environment where excellence of work is a priority.
- A strong and friendly team that works well together.
- No silo mentality, the company succeeds as a whole, rather than by teams fighting against each other.
- An approachable and supportive flat management structure that is willing to treat you as valuable resource to the business.
If you are interested in this position please send your CV along with:
- Current position
- Willingness to locate in the UK (N.East)
- Availability (i.e. notice period).
to Raouf Kattan at firstname.lastname@example.org