Reporting to: Head of Marine
Safinah Group, provides consulting and coating project management in the field of heavy duty coatings. Our clients include some of the world’s biggest, Chemical, Marine, Oil and Gas, Mega-yacht and insurance and legal companies globally.
Due to recent significant growth, the team requires a person capable of fulfilling a Technical Sales / Account Development role to support the company vision of best independent coating advice within its chosen markets and to support the market segment growth ambitions.
As a truly independent organisation, Safinah combines the best of technical knowledge with commercial considerations to give a balanced and informed position to our clients.
Safinah as an organization has been around for 22 years and leads the market in its chosen sectors. The team consists of around 50 people split across consulting and technical services teams with close collaboration maximizing knowledge and customer value across the functions.
The Safinah commercial team is developing new clients on a regular basis and this role is to manage the day-to-day technical collaboration with the client as well as with internal teams.
- Technical management of accounts;
- Conducting pre-Dry Dock activities;
- Preparation of yard and paint company specifications.
- Technical review of yard and paint company tenders.
- Set-up and technical review of client coating projects.
- Review and approval of daily coating reports and final project reports.
- Conduct coating performance analysis with clients.
- Conducting pre-Dry Dock activities;
- Technical support to commercial team.
- Technical sales presentations to clients.
- Administration of commercial offers, project and technical documentation.
- Expanding services delivered to clients.
- Failure investigation.
- Sales / Business Development within the sector.
- Training of clients / employees.
Education & Experience
- Ideally educated to degree level in a relevant subject e.g. Chemistry, Materials, Corrosion etc but not mandatory:
- Relevant coating related vocational qualification also considered.
- Significant experience in Marine coatings from a technical perspective and ideally with field-based experience:
- Critical is to have both a theoretical understanding of marine coatings but also practical field-based experience.
- Some commercial experience would be desirable, specifically experience managing issues directly with clients.
- Experience of field-based coating inspections or supervision in the marine sector.
- Specific experience of underwater hull coatings and/or cargo tank coatings;
- Relevant professional experience and knowledge of the industry;
- High level of IT skills and competency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Able to write and present proficiently in English.
Special Attributes and Characteristics:
- Can work independently or as part of a team;
- Disciplined in administrative and technical tasks;
- International ambassador for Safinah;
- Sense of humour;
- Ability to communicate with all levels in organizations.
- Capable of global travel and working in typical marine, industrial and chemical environments;
- Can work from home / office / site.
The successful candidate would ideally be based in a central European time-zone (+/- 2 hours).
Safinah offers a competitive package (depending on experience and capabilities) and generous vacation allowance.
What you can expect from Safinah Group:
- An excellent working environment that has been awarded gold standard for health at work.
- A competitive salary plus pension contribution, private medical insurance, 5 weeks paid annual leave and discretionary time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Flexible working hours and work location.
- An informal/relaxed but professional environment where excellence of work is a priority.
- A strong and friendly team that works well together.
- No silo mentality, the company succeeds as a whole, rather than by teams fighting against each other.
- An approachable and supportive flat management structure that is willing to treat you as valuable resource to the business.
If you are interested and either require further information or wish to submit a CV, then please submit any requests or provide a CV in the first instance and send it to: