Reporting to: Head of Marine Consulting
Safinah Group provides consulting and coating project management in the field of heavy duty coatings. Our clients include some of the world’s biggest Chemical, Marine, Oil and Gas, Mega-yacht, Insurance and Legal companies.
As a truly independent organisation, Safinah combines the best of technical knowledge with commercial considerations to give a balanced and informed position to our clients.
Safinah as an organisation leads the market in its chosen sectors. The team consists of around 50 people split across consulting and technical services teams with close collaboration maximising knowledge and customer value across the functions.
- Preparation of yard and paint company specifications
- Technical review of yard and paint company tenders
- Set-up and technical review of client coating projects
- Review and approval of daily coating reports and final project reports
- Conduct coating performance analysis with clients
- Technical support to commercial team
- Technical sales presentations to clients
- Administration of commercial offers, project and technical documentation
- Expanding services delivered to clients
- Failure investigation.
Education & Experience
- Ideally educated to degree level in a relevant subject eg Chemistry, Materials, Corrosion etc but not mandatory. Relevant coating-related vocational qualification also considered.
- Significant experience in Marine coatings from a technical perspective and ideally with field-based experience.
- Critical is to have formulation experience in marine coatings, ideally with experience in underwater hull coatings or tank linings, but also practical field-based experience
- Some commercial experience would be desirable, specifically experience managing issues directly with clients
- Experience of field-based coating inspections or supervision in the marine sector
- Relevant professional experience and knowledge of the industry
- Ability to tackle complex problems and work within a team environment
- High level of IT skills and competency in Microsoft Office application
- Able to write and present proficiently in English
- Can work independently or as part of a team
- Disciplined in administrative and technical tasks
- International ambassador for Safinah
- Sense of humour
- Ability to communicate with all levels in organizations
- Capable of global travel and working in typical marine, industrial and chemical environments.
- Can work from home / office / site.
The successful candidate would ideally be based in a central European time-zone (+/- 2 hours).
Safinah offers a competitive package (depending on experience and capabilities) and generous vacation allowance.
What you can expect from Safinah Group:
- An excellent working environment that has been awarded gold standard for health at work.
- A competitive salary plus pension contribution, private medical insurance, 5 weeks paid annual leave and discretionary time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Flexible working hours and work location.
- An informal / relaxed but professional environment where excellence of work is a priority.
- A strong and friendly team that works well together.
- No silo mentality, the company succeeds as a whole.
- An approachable and supportive flat management structure that is willing to treat you as a valuable resource to the business.
If you are interested and either require further information or wish to submit a CV, then please submit any requests or provide a CV, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Rachel Coundon