Safinah Group is recognised as a world leading provider of coating-related consulting services (Safinah Consulting Services – SCS) to the marine, protective and mega-yacht markets world-wide.
As a result of continued growth, we are seeking a new colleague to head our technical service team (Safinah Technical Services – STS), mainly involved in dry-docking activities for many leading ship owners/operators.
STS provides a range of independent services providing third party coating condition surveys and on-site attendance support acting as owner’s representative to manage coating projects and dry-dock supervision of all aspects of coating related work.
STS works closely with the consulting team, SCS, to ensure a 360⁰ full service from specification development through to failure investigations and expert witness services.
The successful candidate will act as General Manager of STS responsible for co-ordinating, training and providing technical guidance to our team of 15-20 coating superintendents situated in key locations around the globe and will manage their project activities, being in close contact with our clients, approving and signing off final project reporting and documentation. Further, the person will support consultancy services regarding pre-planning of projects providing recommendation of coating work scope as well as reviewing paint specification and tenders.
GM of Safinah Technical Services
Head of Marine
Primary job responsibilities and main tasks
Responsible for the Safinah Technical Services team to drive the team towards continued development, agreed priorities and to achieve ambitious growth goals.
As such the person will act as a technical authority and will be engaged in technical sales and handle first point of contact engagements with clients.
He/She will also be responsible for developing and implementing new and improved tools for continuously optimising internal efficiency and streamlining STS deliverables and contribute to the achievement of the overall business objectives.
The successful candidate will be involved in pre-planning of projects (dry-dock attendance, vessel inspections, etc.), specification review and technical recommendations to clients as well as coordination and follow-up on project attendance and execution.
Further he/she will be responsible for ensuring that STS project documentation is class leading in quality and timing and will provide daily monitoring of technical execution of projects as well as revision, approval and issuing of final project report to client and relevant involved parties.
The post will have responsibility to ensure that internal systems are optimised to provide best in class service to clients.
Travel will be required to ensure good employee and client contact is maintained.
- Technical degree or minimum Bachelor degree.
- Experience in managing a coating technical service team in the marine and protective markets is preferred.
- Experience from either coating manufacturer, sub-contractor or other Marine and/or Offshore coating related work etc is desirable.
- NACE or FROSIO certificate is an advantage.
- Good understanding of commercial client handling – common sense.
- Solid IT skills and experience – management tools and office programmes.
- Written and spoken English language at professional level.
Skills and Personal characteristics:
- Technically minded and very customer/service oriented.
- Analytical skills, precise and detail oriented, but able to communicate complicated material.
- Good communication skills – able to transfer knowledge and messages verbally and in writing.
- Personal efficiency, structure and planning skills and high level of execution power and follow up.
- Desire to maintain structure and document results.
- Good “soft skills” – able to adjust to different cultures and people.
- Team player, self-motivated with a high level of pro-active drive.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing work priorities and working hours.
- Ambition to manage and grow.
What you can expect from Safinah Group:
- An excellent working environment that has been awarded gold standard for health at work.
- A competitive salary plus pension contribution, private medical insurance, 5 weeks paid annual leave and discretionary time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Flexible working hours and work location.
- An informal/relaxed but professional environment where excellence of work is a priority.
- A strong and friendly team that works well together.
- No silo mentality, the company succeeds as a whole, rather than by teams fighting against each other.
- An approachable and supportive flat management structure that is willing to treat you as valuable resource to the business.
If you are interested in this position please send your CV along with:
- Current position
- Willingness to locate in the UK (N.East)
- Availability (i.e. notice period).
to Martin Porsbjerg at firstname.lastname@example.org