You are university educated with preferably a higher degree in a relevant subject e.g. Chemistry, Materials, Corrosion, or other engineering discipline.
You have an interest in coatings sufficient to have obtained a suitable vocational qualification to enable you to deal with coating issues and have been involved in field-based coating inspections or supervision in the marine, protective or mega-yacht sector.
You can work alone on projects and can communicate effectively both with colleagues and senior customer personnel.
You can tackle complex problems and work within a team environment and are able to write and present effectively in English.
You are a Chemist with extensive experience in aspects of the heavy-duty coatings industry. You started your career as a bench Chemist within a heavy-duty coatings business and have an appropriate University degree in a relevant discipline. You have either developed your career as a formulating or analytical Chemist or moved into Technical services and possibly onto commercial related roles such as sales, marketing or senior management.
You have had experience in the fields of Protective, Marine or Yacht coatings and a reasonable amount of field experience in either the coating application process or subsequent assessment of coating failures or problems.
What you can expect from Safinah Group:
- An excellent working environment that has been awarded gold standard for health at work.
- A competitive salary plus pension contribution, private medical insurance, 5 weeks paid annual leave and discretionary time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Flexible working hours and work location.
- An informal/relaxed but professional environment where excellence of work is a priority.
- A strong and friendly team that works well together.
- No silo mentality, the company succeeds as a whole, rather than by teams fighting against each other.
- An approachable and supportive flat management structure that is willing to treat you as valuable resource to the business.