Code Of Conduct
The way that Safinah Group employees behave is just as important as the work that we do.
Our Code of Conduct exists to help everyone understand what doing the right thing means by explaining the standard behaviour we expect of each other.
The vision of Safinah is to be the world’s number one coatings consultancy.
Our mission, as referenced within the Business Plan is:
to provide the best independent expert coating advice and thought leadership in the Marine, Oil & Gas, Energy & Infrastructure and Yacht sectors globally. Through collective knowledge and dedication, we aim to reduce client spend and environmental impact.
To achieve this ambition, we must all proactively adhere to our code of conduct, to promote a consistent environment and culture within the business. This means:
- Living our values.
- Following the legal, regulatory, ethical, and quality standards that our company commits to.
- Speaking up if something seems wrong.
- Not bringing the company into disrepute through the way we behave.
Violating our code damages our reputation and undermines the trust that others have in us and the work we do.
Failure to follow Safinah Group policies, or laws and regulations, may result in reputational and financial damage for the company and therefore for all employees.
2. OUR VALUES
Ethical values are the foundation of business ethics.
Safinah Group values are at the heart of the way we do things. They define our diverse and inclusive culture and our commitment to the highest principles of personal and professional conduct.
RESPECT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL
- We show care and consideration for others
- We encourage an open environment for honest feedback
- We all work to the collective benefit of the Group as a whole
SERVICE TO CUSTOMER
- We set the standard by delivering independent, industry-leading quality service
- We continuously improve performance and culture
- We abide by our quality management system to deliver excellence
EXCELLENCE AS A WAY OF LIFE
- We lead with the highest ethical standards, even when under pressure.
- We are honest and truthful in our words and actions.
- We are accountable for our actions and keep our promises.
- We communicate openly and directly
- We strive for innovation and new thinking
- We relentlessly pursue differentiation in the market
RESPECTFUL SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIPS
- We specify correctly what is needed
- We pay our suppliers in a timely fashion
- We operate a fair tendering process
GOOD CORPORATE CITIZEN
- We serve and strengthen our markets and communities
- We make a positive impact on society and demonstrate the purpose behind our work
- We take a long-term view and make the firm better for future generations
3. THE LEGAL, REGULATORY & ETHICAL STANDARDS WE COMMIT TO
In addition to living our values, Safinah Group commits to acting lawfully and ethically, complying with all relevant legal, regulatory and ethical standards.
- We fully comply with all laws, regulations and professional standards that apply to us.
- We always strive to protect and enhance our brand and reputation.
- We maintain our independence and objectivity in everything we do.
- We do not allow bias, conflicts of interest or undue influence of others to override professional or business judgement.
- We believe that we can be successful by being positive about ourselves without being negative about others.
- We do not tolerate any form of financial crime including money laundering and terrorist financing, bribery and corruption, fraud, or tax evasion.
- We protect all confidential information for our clients and employees. We respect an individual’s privacy and the confidentiality of their personal information.
- We promote Safinah Group’s services honestly and compete fairly.
- We are committed to providing a work environment free from harassment.
- We are committed to equality and to a culture free from discrimination.
- We treat everyone with respect and dignity.
- We value a work/life balance.
- We maintain a just and fair approach to remuneration.
- We encourage and enable each other to raise ethical and professional issues without fear of retaliation.
- We take seriously our environmental and social responsibilities and are mindful in all we do of our impact on the planet, our contribution to the communities in which we operate and how we conduct ourselves as an organisation.
- We encourage a ‘speak-up’ culture.
Talk to one of our coatings or engineering experts today on +44 1670 519 900 or email the team at enquiries@safinah‑group.com