Reporting to: Market Sector Head
Safinah Group provides consulting in the fields of heavy duty and high quality finish coatings. Our clients include some of the world’s biggest, Marine, Chemical, Oil and Gas, Superyacht and insurance and legal companies globally.
Due to recent significant growth, the team requires persons capable of fulfilling a consultant’s role to support the company vision of thought leaders within its chosen markets and to support the market segment growth ambitions.
As a truly independent organisation, Consultants can combine the best of technical research with commercial considerations to give a balanced and informed position to our clients.
Safinah as an organization has been around for 23 years and leads the market in its chosen sectors. The team consists of 50 people based globally, split across consulting and technical services teams with close collaboration maximizing knowledge and customer value across the functions.
- Review of coating specifications and guarantees;
- Coating failure investigation and root cause analysis;
- Expert witness work;
- Generation of functional coating specifications;
- Assisting yacht owners’ teams with optimised product selection and coatings management;
- Assisting yacht builders and refit yards with quality control oversight
- Training and customer presentations;
- Coating process optimisation;
- Business Development and sales lead generation within the sector.
- Scoping and oversight of analytical testing programmes
- Generation of white papers and technical articles;
- Training of employees;
- Company strategy development and implementation;
- Contribute insights into Special Projects as appropriate.
Education & Experience
- Specific experience in high quality finishes and protective coatings is required and an understanding of the demands of marine environments would be desirable;
- Specific experience in epoxy fillers and fairing compounds would be an added benefit;
- BSc or MSc degree in a relevant science subject e.g. Chemistry, Materials, Corrosion, or other engineering discipline;
- Industrially educated candidates will be considered if it can be shown that their aptitude matches that of a post-graduate candidate
- Ideally a formulating or coating Chemist with subsequent field based experience or a commercially related role such as sales, senior technical support or senior management;
- Experience of field-based coating inspections or supervision in a relevant coatings sector;
- High level of IT skills and competency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Able to write and present effectively in English.
- Can work independently or as part of a team;
- Disciplined in administrative and technical tasks;
- Sense of humour;
- Ability to communicate with all levels in organizations.
- Capable of global travel and working in typical industrial environments;
- Can work from home / office / site;
- Flexible to travel at short notice if required.
The successful candidate would ideally be based in Europe or UK and have easy access to a major transport hub.
What we offer:
Working for Safinah Group you will have varied, engaging and challenging workdays within the yacht sector and have a large impact on results, people and processes from day one. We have an international, open and inclusive working atmosphere where you will develop a network both within and outside the organization, with opportunities to grow and develop in a strong and dynamic company. Safinah offers a competitive package (depending on experience and capabilities) covering health and travel insurance, pension contributions and generous vacation allowance.
If you are interested and either require further information or wish to submit a CV, then please submit any requests or provide a CV in the first instance and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org