Reporting to: Director of Technology
Safinah Group provides consulting in the field of heavy duty coatings. Our clients include some of the world’s biggest Marine, Chemical, Oil and Gas, Mega-yacht and Insurance and Legal companies globally.
Due to recent significant growth, the team requires persons capable of fulfilling a Consultant’s role to support the company vision of thought leadership within its chosen markets and to support the market segment growth ambitions.
As a truly independent organisation, Consultants can combine the best of technical research with commercial considerations to give a balanced and informed position to our clients.
Safinah as an organization has been around for 23 years and leads the market in its chosen sectors. The team consists of 50 people based globally, split across consulting and technical services teams with close collaboration, maximizing knowledge and customer value across the functions.
- Review of coating specifications and guarantees;
- Coating failure investigation and root cause analysis;
- Expert witness work;
- Generation of functional coating specifications;
- Assisting asset owners with optimised product selection / coating technology;
- Training and customer presentations;
- Coating process optimisation;
- Business Development and lead generation within the sector.
- Scoping and oversight of analytical testing programmes;
- Generation of white papers and technical articles;
- Training of employees;
- Company strategy development and implementation;
- Contribution of insights into Special Projects as appropriate.
Education & Experience
- Have a BSc or MSc degree in a relevant science subject e.g. Chemistry, Materials, Corrosion, or other engineering discipline;
- Have minimum 10 years of professional coating related work experience, ideally as a formulating or coating Chemist with field-based coating inspection or supervision experience;
- Ideally have commercial experience from a global paint manufacturer (Sales, Commercial, Technical Services, Business Development) and / or direct industry-based experience working for an asset owner in either Oil and Gas, sustainable energy or infrastructure sector;
- Experience with industry standards such as NORSOK and ISO12944 including schemes, requirements and testing regimes;
- Experience in a specialist discipline of fire protection, chemical resistance or finishes would be desirable but not essential;
- High level of IT skills and competency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Self-motivated, structured and result oriented;
- Can work independently or as part of a team;
- Disciplined in administrative and technical tasks;
- International ambassador for Safinah;
- Sense of humour;
- Able to write and present effectively in English;
- Ability to communicate with all levels in organizations.
- Capable of global travel and working in typical marine, industrial and chemical environments;
- Can work from home / office / site;
- Flexible to travel at short notice if required.
The successful candidate would ideally be UK-based to serve the insurance markets and preferably based in our Gateshead office. Other locations in Europe can also be considered.
What you can expect from Safinah Group:
- An excellent working environment that has been awarded gold standard for health at work.
- An international, open and inclusive working atmosphere where you will develop a network both within and outside the organization, with opportunities to grow and develop in a strong and dynamic company.
- Varied, engaging and challenging workdays within the Energy & Infrastructure sector where you can have an impact on results, people and processes from day one.
- A competitive package (depending on experience and capabilities) covering health and travel insurance, pension contributions and generous vacation allowance.
If you are interested and either require further information or wish to submit a CV, then please submit any requests or provide a CV, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Initial submissions will be reviewed after 1st June, but the advert will remain active until the position is filled.