Reporting to: Market Sector Head
Safinah Group provides consulting in the field of heavy duty coatings. Our clients include some of the world’s biggest Marine, Chemical, Oil and Gas, Mega-yacht and Insurance and Legal companies globally.
Due to recent significant growth, the team requires persons capable of fulfilling a Consultant’s role to support the company vision of thought leadership within its chosen markets and to support the market segment growth ambitions.
As a truly independent organisation, Consultants can combine the best of technical research with commercial considerations to give a balanced and informed position to our clients.
Safinah as an organization has been around for 23 years and leads the market in its chosen sectors. The team consists of 50 people based globally, split across consulting and technical services teams with close collaboration, maximizing knowledge and customer value across the functions.
- Review of coating specifications and guarantees;
- Coating failure investigation and root cause analysis;
- Expert witness work;
- Generation of functional coating specifications;
- Assisting ship owners with optimised product selection;
- Training and customer presentations;
- Coating process optimisation;
- Business Development and sales lead generation within the sector.
- Scoping and oversight of analytical testing programmes;
- Generation of white papers and technical articles;
- Training of employees;
- Company strategy development and implementation;
- Contribution of insights into Special Projects as appropriate.
Education & Experience
- Specific experience in either fouling control coatings or cargo tank coatings is required (in both sectors would be desirable);
- Specific experience in cargo hold coatings would be an added benefit;
- Have a BSc or MSc degree in a relevant science subject e.g. Chemistry, Materials, Corrosion, or other engineering discipline;
- Ideally a formulating or coating Chemist with subsequent field-based experience or a commercially related role such as sales, marketing, business development or senior management;
- Experience of field-based coating inspections or supervision in the marine sector;
- High level of IT skills and competency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Able to write and present effectively in English.
- Can work independently or as part of a team;
- Disciplined in administrative and technical tasks;
- International ambassador for Safinah;
- Sense of humour;
- Ability to communicate with all levels in organizations.
- Capable of global travel and working in typical marine, industrial and chemical environments;
- Can work from home / office / site
- Flexible to travel at short notice if required.
The successful candidate would ideally be UK-based to serve the insurance markets and preferably based in our Gateshead office. Other locations in Europe can also be considered.
What you can expect from Safinah Group:
- An excellent working environment that has been awarded gold standard for health at work.
- An international, open and inclusive working atmosphere where you will develop a network both within and outside the organization, with opportunities to grow and develop in a strong and dynamic company.
- Varied, engaging and challenging workdays within the Marine sector where you can have an impact on results, people and processes from day one.
- A competitive package (depending on experience and capabilities) covering health and travel insurance, pension contributions and generous vacation allowance.
If you are interested and either require further information or wish to submit a CV, then please contact us at email@example.com