Reporting to: Market Sector Head
Safinah Group, provides consulting in the field of heavy duty coatings. Our clients include some of the world’s biggest, Chemical, Marine, Oil and Gas, Mega-yacht and insurance and legal companies globally.
Due to recent significant growth, the team requires persons capable of fulfilling a consultant’s role to support the company vision of thought leaders within its chosen markets and to support the market segment growth ambitions.
The role of a consultant is varied and engaging. As a truly independent organisation, Consultants can combine the best of the technical research with commercial considerations to give a balanced and informed position to our clients.
Safinah as an organization has been around for 21 years and leads the market in its chosen sectors. The team consists of around 35 people split across consulting and technical services teams with close collaboration maximizing knowledge and customer value across the functions.
- Market size assessments;
- Value proposition appraisal of coating and raw material solutions;
- Generation of functional specifications;
- Specification appraisal and selection;
- Failure investigation;
- Expert witness work.
- Business Development within the sector;
- Generation of white papers and technical articles;
- Training of clients / employees;
- Company strategy development and implementation;
- Contribute insights into Special Projects as appropriate.
Education & Experience
- University educated in a relevant subject e.g. Chemistry, Materials, Corrosion, or other engineering discipline;
- Ideally a formulating or analytical Chemist with subsequent experience in technical services or a commercially related role such as sales, marketing, business development or senior management;
- Experience of field-based coating inspections or supervision in the marine, protective or mega-yacht sectors;
- Relevant professional experience and knowledge of the industry;
- High level of IT skills and competency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Able to write and present effectively in English.
Special Attributes and Characteristics:
- Can work independently or as part of a team;
- Good team player;
- Disciplined in administrative and technical tasks;
- International ambassador for Safinah;
- Sense of humour;
- Ability to communicate with all levels in organizations.
- Capable of global travel and working in typical marine, industrial and chemical environments;
- Can work from home / office / site.
The successful candidates would ideally be based from our office in Gateshead in the UK but candidates in key market locations such as Singapore, USA etc. will also be considered due to Geo-growth plans.
Safinah offers a competitive package (depending on experience and capabilities) covering health and travel insurance, pension contributions and generous vacation allowance.
What you can expect from Safinah Group:
- An excellent working environment that has been awarded gold standard for health at work.
- A competitive salary plus pension contribution, private medical insurance, 5 weeks paid annual leave and discretionary time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Flexible working hours and work location.
- An informal/relaxed but professional environment where excellence of work is a priority.
- A strong and friendly team that works well together.
- No silo mentality, the company succeeds as a whole, rather than by teams fighting against each other.
- An approachable and supportive flat management structure that is willing to treat you as valuable resource to the business.
If you are interested in one of these positions please send your CV along with:
- Current position
- Willingness to locate in the UK (N.East)
- Availability (i.e. notice period).
to Andy Hopkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org